King of Kings School was most recently inspected on 29th–31st January 2019 and the lead inspector was Amanda Stringer, Her Majesty’s Inspector.
The Overall Effectiveness of the school was judged to be Good.
Good – Effectiveness of leadership and management
Good – Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
Good – Personal development, behaviour and welfare
Good – Outcomes for pupils
The inspection report can be accessed using the link below:
This inspection was carried out under section 109(1) and (2) of the Education and Skills Act 2008, the purpose of which is to advise the Secretary of State for Education about the school’s suitability for continued registration as an independent school.
- This inspection was conducted with one day’s notice to the school.
- The inspector made a through tour of the school and checked the school’s compliance with the independent school standards.
- The inspector scrutinised a range of school documentation, including safeguarding, curriculum policies and planning. The inspector looked at documentation relating to training and information about the progress, behaviour and attendance of pupils in the school. The inspector also reviewed the school’s single central record and ensured that
any risk assessments were appropriate.
- The inspector observed pupils’ learning and behaviour and spoke with pupils during lessons and at playtimes. The inspector met formally with groups of pupils and discussed their learning.
- Meetings were held with the headteacher, middle leaders and members of staff. The inspector also met with the chair of the governing board and two other governors.
- The inspector took account of the 10 responses to Parent View, including three free-text comments. Inspectors also considered the five responses from staff questionnaires and six responses to pupils’ questionnaires.
King of Kings School is an independent Christian school, preparing students to be leaders.
Jesus is at the centre of everything we do. Our Christian curriculum makes us stand out.
We are non-denominational and accept children from various backgrounds from all around Manchester.
The King of Kings School
142 Dantzic Street
+44 (0)161 834 4214