The Preschool is a loving environment full of life and joy, where we are learning about Jesus and the love he has for us together. We learn through fun and play with outings and practical activities. The Preschool follows a colourful programme of stories, songs and workbooks designed to increase their knowledge, listening and speaking skills and to teach them their letters and numbers. They learn through the fun activities that they are involved in daily. This is a programme that they can join at any time and can repeat as many times as necessary, until they are ready to take their Reading Readiness Test. When the children test ready to learn to read they progress to the ABCs class.
How do we do this?
- big toys (e.g. bikes and tents and balls)
- small world play (castles, dolls houses, farms, space, dinosaur world…)
- sensory play (e.g. sand and water)
- imaginative play (dressing up, going on safari, running a play cafe…)
- building towers and cities and castles and railways
- painting and drawing (and messy foam play and so much more)
- jigsaws and playing with puzzles and having fun with numbers
- exploring the world outside (nature walks, listening walks and scavenger hunts, bug finding, bird watching…)
The Preschool with Ace and Christi Reading Readiness Programme is a full school year programme designed to develop basic skills that prepare a student to be ready to learn to read. We fulfill all the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) requirements and have fun doing it.
The Preschool programme develops: correlation of stories to letter sounds; number recognition; sequencing skills; auditory processing; eye-hand co-ordination; visual perception; motor coordination and long-term memory. Colourful PACEs (workbooks) filled with Bible and animal pictures, coordination development activities, and full-colour picture stories, encourage a love for reading. The children learn the phonetic sounds for all letters so that when they are ready to learn to read, they will.
The Complementary Curriculum is filled with the excitement of the world around us. The children do their own experiments in Practical Science. They discover the amazing world in Geography. They sing songs and nursery rhymes. They join in with History and Art and Music and IT. The children learn social skills and about the wonders of God’s love and creation. They learn to love and care for others around them and to respect themselves. The Preschool programme will lay a solid foundation for us to build the rest of their education.
Staff training and qualifications
- All school staff are DBS certified.
- All Supervisors receive external professional training to administer and facilitate the Preschool Learning Centre.
- All Learning Centre monitors receive in-house training to facilitate the Preschool Learning Centre.
- All Supervisors and monitors complete preschool Reading Systems Training to administer the Preschool Learning Centre.
- The staff have multiple university degrees and a high standard of academic training
- The Supervisors individually and collectively train yearly to improve their skills and develop themselves in teaching and academic excellence.
King of Kings School is an independent Christian school, preparing students to be leaders.
Jesus is at the centre of everything we do. Our Christian curriculum makes us stand out.
We are non-denominational and accept children from various backgrounds from all around Manchester.
The King of Kings School
142 Dantzic Street
+44 (0)161 834 4214